Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More Than Just Paper

I love the idea of arguing my essay topic in a different way from just typing my essay on Word.  My essay topic is Four Loko.  In my paper I open with a "scene" that makes the reader imagine that they are at a party and are so incredibly drunk that they have no idea what is going on.  I state that the reader has drank a Four Loko that night.  And so, to "recreate" this "scene" from the beginning of my paper I would plan on creating a skit for the class to help them visual the feeling I am trying to portray in my opening paragraph.  The feeling I am really trying to express in this scene is the emotions of an innocent, drunk person who has drank the first Four Loko of his or her life because their friend gave it to them.  The person is hazy about their night and looking around a party not knowing where their friends are.  I would recreate this in a skit to perform for the class using other people as characters in the story.  After the skit, I would pass around samples of Four Loko so that the class would understand how bad Four Loko really does taste.  This is because parts of my paper discuss why a person would even want to drink this drink because it is so dangerous and tastes so bad.  The answer to that question is because our nation needs instant gratification and this "blackout in a can" can get a person obliterated and energetic all night long.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you chose Four Loko, especially since the drink has been raising a lot of controversy lately. I also like the idea of a skit. I also think it'd be cool if you interviewed people after they tried the Four Loko to see if the taste met their expectations.

    ReplyDelete