Monday, February 28, 2011

Free Write February 28, 2011 One

Q: Do you think it's odd or peculiar that the telephone as cell phone (so named for its design as a purveyor of "phon" - sound) has been adapted to purvey text as image? Why do you imagine this change has occurred?

Because I have grown up in the technological age of texting and cellphones, I am so accustomed to writing and receiving text messages on my cell phone, rather than calling.  When I first got my cellphone in seventh grade I right away was signed up for a texting plan.  Because of this I do not find it odd or peculiar that cell phones have been adapted to purvey text as image.  I am a supporter of texting because it is so much more convenient.  This change has occurred because the point of technology is really to make the user's life easier.  This is why texting was created.  When picking up your phone and calling someone is too time consuming because you just have a quick thing to say, texting is the answer.  

On a side note: Usually we listen to music while we free write in class and I get very distracted and to be honest slightly annoyed.  But today when we listened to Santana while writing this, I found it enjoyable because Santana sings in Spanish.  I wasn't distracted by the English being sung as I usually am.

No comments:

Post a Comment