Monday, February 28, 2011

Free Write February 28, 2011 Three (A Painful Glimpse into my Writing Process; In 60 Seconds by Chel White)

"Mouths reciting 'Old Man and the Sea' by Hemingway"- This image is interesting because writing is always thought of as a non-verbal form of communication.  But sometimes, or all the time it doesn't have to be like that.  I often say out loud what I am reading or writing because hearing my voice can help me to retain what I am reading or trying to say while I am writing.

"Making a Sandwich"- This image of the parts of the sandwich being spiraled down a deep hole was very hypnotic to watch.  But I wasn't sure what this had to do with the "writing process."  Is the sandwich making or eating helping the writer write?  I'm not sure, I felt this image was kind of random.

"Driving Off a Cliff"- This is definitely a strong image about what it feels like to write!  He even says something along the lines of "I drive my car off a cliff to kill myself."  Wow!  So that is what writing feels like to you Chel White?  I can almost relate to this because sometimes certain things that I have to write I absolutely do not want to write at all.  When I go into writing a paper or an essay thinking like this, the process can feel like driving a car off a cliff. But unlike, Chel White I sometimes never find that central idea before I fall down the cliff.  Sometimes I feel like I write a paper that literally sounds like I have fallen off the cliff.  But honestly I'm okay with that.  If I don't like the topic I'm suppose to write about and I can't really "get into it" I probably will write a paper like that this.

No comments:

Post a Comment